Thursday 23 May 2013

Splatter

Hello and welcome to another blog, in this blog I will be talking about the splatter film.

Many people like horror because they like the feeling of being scared, now I find that a good psychological film scares me - it's the feeling of dread and not knowing what is going to happen and when.

These are also known as ghost stories example being Ring, A Tale Of Two Sisters and The Eye. The feeling I get from them is like I said dread and that is to me a good horror.

Splatter does not scare me as much, don't get me wrong I do like slasher films, zombie films and others, but I don't get how some films just feature blood and gore splattering everywhere every 5 mins to scare people.

It gets predictable oh here is Jason then stab, splats blood everywhere, after a while it gets boring and the director should know better.

Now if it was done decently and tastefully (I know its the wrong word to use but I couldn't think of another) then that too can be scary and make people jump and be more memorable then lets kill 20 people and have blood every 2 seconds.

So all i'm saying is if Splatter is done decently and with more care then it will be remembered by people who see the film,

I have gone before to see a film at the cinema during the day (a horror film) and by the evening I have forgotten everything about the film - and i'm sure that isn't what the director wants, they want you to remember the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment