Thursday 23 May 2013

Psychological Horror

I prefer these types of horror films because I believe the things you can't see is more scary and I believe it plays on your mind a lot more then the slashers of Halloween, Friday The 13th etc.

I think THE OTHERS is a really scary film in this sense and i've heard others say PARANORMAL ACTIVITY is another. So I think they are overall better horror films in general as a lot of thought has been put into them.

For me psychological horror is far more scary-after all what you imagine is always so much more scary than whats shown to you . Don't get me wrong, i like a bit of gore as much as anyone, but to me its just entertainment.

I think one reason may be that psychological horror movies require more concentration and atmosphere. Watching them alone, with the lights off helps but many people today will watch a movie on a laptop in a crowded train and that just won't work as well.

What are some of your faves and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment