Thursday 23 May 2013

Has George Romero Lost It?

I am an absolutley huge Romero fan, I love his early films, the dead trilogy, the crazies, etc. And I waited over ten years for Romero to do another zombie movie, (since dawn of the dead).

I was so excited when Land of the Dead was announced, I could not wait to see it, but I was so disappointed. The characters were poor, the plot was thin and I just didn't like the idea that the zombies were becoming intellegent, or having a purpose, it ruined the idea of the pure instinctual driven "all i want to do is eat you" zombie. Which we all love (or I do), zombies should not have powers to reason - they are dead and they want to eat the living - simple! If you want intellegent, reasoning undead, watch a vampire movie. (Please note, that the clever zombies are not the sole reason I do not like land of the dead, the aforementioned characters and plot too).

However, I have since warmed more to land of the dead since seeing dairy of the dead, which was completley and utterly terrible, the acting was awfull, the characters were too stereotypical and cliched and the plot was paper thin and had too many faults. What was he thinking. He had me at the start, but lost me about 20 minutes in.

Now we have Survival which I think falls way short of his other classics.

No comments:

Post a Comment