Thursday 23 May 2013

Grain

Now I don't know about you lot but when I watch 60's - 80's horror films I like to see the grain/black flickers etc of dust on the film I am watching, it added a certain Grimy/Grindhouse feel to the film.

It adds to it like they have been sat in a vault for so long and they are happy to see the light of day.

A few examples is City Of The Living Dead, Zombie Flesh Eaters, and there are too many horror films to mention.

Thats why I'm 50/50 on buying a Blu Ray Player, I would like one to see how THE MATRIX looks and other epic CGI films but I don't want the old classic 60 - 80's horror films to get a good clean up and the dust removed.

Vipco's Vaults Of Horror were good at releasing films that hadn't been cleaned up THE BURNING, SHOGUN ASSASSIN springs to mind.

So I like the old films to look as if they are old.

Thank you for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment